Automatic deburring using industrial robots is one of the most interesting sectors for REA Robotics, who during the years has designed many stations, and devised many solutions to meet as much as possible the needs of customers.
Among the many materials treated, are:
- Cast iron
Using the most suitable configurations for the components and the nature of the materials, such as:
- Pneumatic/electric tools and robot handling of the component undergoing the deburring process.
- Pneumatic/electric tools on the robot (with automatic hooking system and tool magazine), and component undergoing the deburring process clamped.
and with the use of innovative technologies to resolve process issues, or speed up the deburring paths, such as:
- Use of laser sensors for the adaptation of individual path sections, in case of geometric differences between one piece and the next (additive deburring).
- Use of CAD-CAM software for the generation of new paths using the PC, minimising machine stop times when compared with those due to the classic self-learning programming solution (offline programming).
- Use of interpolated external axes to increase the freedom degrees and the field of reach of the robot.
To this we can add, if requested, a study for the estimation of the cycle time, using dedicated simulation software (process simulation), and on-site feasibility/quality studies, to provide the customer with all the parameters for a better understanding of the benefits of our proposed automated solution.